Bump Cap Hat Black Short Peaked Safety Caps Hats ABS Head Protection Hardcap
PRO Short Peaked Bump Cap
Introducing the PRO short peaked bump cap. This high-quality bump cap is a versatile piece of personal protective equipment that can be used across many applications where there is a risk of obtaining a minor head bump or laceration on the head. The adjustable strap allows the cap to fit a variety of head sizes, whilst sitting comfortably on the wearers head for long periods of time. This hat is an essential piece of equipment for anyone who frequently works in areas with low ceilings, hanging cables or objects that may pose a risk of minor head injury.
Features and Benefits:
• This lightweight and high-quality PRO bump cap offers protection from minor head scrapes, bumps and lacerations
• The high-profile ABS shell acts as a shock absorber and comes with a soft padded crown, giving optimum safety and protection for the wearer
• The hat features a short peal of 3cm which allows for increased upward and better peripheral visibility
• The adjustable strap allows for a customised and comfortable fit
• Made from 100% cotton, ABS and EVA Foam
• The hat is also ventilated to allow for circulation when being worn for long periods of time
• Ideal for use where helmets are not required as essential head protection
• Meets EN812 safety standards
Bump caps are a great addition to a wearer’s PPE uniform. They are designed to protect from minor head bumps and lacerations that can happen when working with overhead piping, low ceilings or hanging items. They are however not to be used as a replacement of a hard hat in environments where falling objects may be common. Bump caps should only be used in applications where there is a risk of impact between the wearer’s head and stationary objects.
They are most commonly used in:
• Applications or worksites with low ceilings, sharp corners or hanging objects
• Electricians and plumbers
• Light construction
• Manufacturing and industrial environments
Is the cap adjustable?
Yes, the safety cap has an adjustable strap, making it suitable for most head sizes
Do these caps have replacement dates?
Safety Helmets and bump caps should be replaced every 5 years. If the bump cap or safety helmet is in regular use, it may need to be replaced every 2 years. Any excessive wear and tear while in use will drastically reduce helmet or bump cap’s performance, so if the item is badly damaged or scratched, it should be discarded immediately and replaced with one that is fit for purpose.
Does this bump cap meet the British standards for building sites?
This bump cap meets EN812 standards which means that it is suitable for protection where there is a risk of minor bumps or lacerations to the wearer’s head. A bump cap is not a replacement for a hard hat and good health and safety practice should be exercised in applications where there is a risk of falling objects that could severely injure the wearer
Is the cap reflective?
No, the cap is not reflective, so it should be ensured that adequate hi-vis uniform is worn if it is a legal requirement
We Also Recommend
JSP Bump Cap HardCap Aerolite Peaked Hats HDPE Head Protection AAF000-001-100
JSP A1+ Bump Caps Hard Cap Safety Hat HDPE Head Protection Hardcap ABR000-00N-50